Operation Baby Rescue
OPERATION BABY RESCUE
is an initiative reaching out to provide malnourished children with the help they need.
to rescue and nourish sick and dying children back to health by providing much-needed medical attention, nutrition, and other supplies that can save their lives.
oftentimes the children are brought directly to the Baby Rescue Center where they are treated for malnutrition, parasites, or other life-threatening illnesses. In some cases, the need is so severe that the child must be rushed to a nearby medical facility for extensive care.
While each child’s story and needs are different, most rescues require similar resources to save lives:
- Rescuing the child: Many of these children live in the remote mountainous regions of Guatemala. Rescuers can travel up to six hours each way over rough and rocky terrain to reach children in need.
- Treatment at the Baby Rescue Center: The average stay for a child is two weeks.
- Hospital visit/stay: Some of the children require additional attention that the Baby Rescue Center cannot provide.
- Housing and care for additional family members: Many families accompany their children to the Baby Rescue Center and need a place to stay while their children are being treated.
- Food and clothing supplies: These are often sent back with the family once the children are nursed back to health.
You can help us with this life-saving work by joining the rescue and starting your own campaign. Together with your friends and family, you can help rescue children around the world in need. It only takes minutes to get started.
Begin by following the three simple steps below.
Step 1: Create a Page
This will take only about five minutes of your time and will give you a customized page to track progress towards your own personal fundraising goal. Be personal. Explain why you are excited about this cause and reaching your goal! People who sense your excitement and personal investment will be more eager to give to your campaign.
Also, be sure to create a unique URL—something short, and easy to remember so that you can share it quickly and clearly with your supporters.
Here’s an example: rescue.worldhelp.net/Noel
Step 2: Spread the Word
Now that you've created your own fundraising page, it’s time to share your campaign with friends and family. Use your own networks of influence to spread the word through e-mail and social media. Be intentional and creative—you can’t go wrong!
Step 3: Update Your Supporters
The level of communication you maintain with your supporters directly correlates with keeping your campaign momentum. If you’re halfway to your goal, let your supporters know! Providing frequent updates will remind your audience that you take what you’re doing seriously, and you’re striving to reach your goal.
When you’ve reached your goal, celebrate! Be sure to thank those who have helped you along the way as you have just rescued a life or lives together!
Again, thank you for joining the Operation Baby Rescue campaign. If you have any technical support issues, feel free to reach out to our friends at CauseVox (they helped us build this platform) by emailing email@example.com. Thanks!
- the OBR Campaign Team